Advanced Obstetric Anaesthesia
The VI Advanced Educational Programme in Obstetric Anaesthesia 2019 – 2021 has started.
This is an advanced educational programme for specialists in anaesthesiology, with a special interest in obstetric anaesthesia, from the five Nordic countries.
The program lasts two years and consists of
- Clinical training, working in one or two departments of anaesthesia, at least one with a special division for obstetric anaesthesia
- Five SSAI courses in various Nordic countries and participation in the SSAI Congress 2021
- A four-week exchange programme in a foreign country
- A research project, guideline task and a presentation at the SSAI congress.
Course 1: Introduction and basic skills.
Course 2: Current practise of obstetric anaesthesia.
Course 3: Obstetric emergencies and clinical decision making.
Course 4: Leadership and implementation strategies.
Course 5: One course day with programme summary and SSAI congress
Preliminary course dates:
- Iceland 17-20 Sept 2019
- London 4-6 Nov 2019
- Copenhagen 4-7 May 2020
- Helsinki Jan 2021
- Oslo 2021 SSAI Congress
DocumentsApplication form 2015 Information and description 2015 Contract Advanced Obstetric Anaesthesia Programme 2015
Obstetric Anaesthesia Programme Chairman
Department of Anaesthesiology
Juliane Marie Centre
2100 København Ø.
Obstetric Anaesthesia Working group
Dr. Johanna Sarvela: Johanna.Sarvela@hus.fi, email@example.com, Finland
Dr. Antii Väänänen: firstname.lastname@example.org, Finland
Dr. Lone Fuhrmann: email@example.com, Denmark
Dr. Kim Ekelund: firstname.lastname@example.org, Denmark
Dr. Sigurbjörg Skarphéðinsdóttir: email@example.com, Iceland
Dr. Ólöf Viktorsdóttir: firstname.lastname@example.org, Iceland
Dr. Joanna Haynes: email@example.com, Norway
Dr. Elin Bjørnestad: firstname.lastname@example.org, Norway
Dr Annette Hein: email@example.com, Sweden
Dr. Susanne Ledin Eriksson: firstname.lastname@example.org, Sweden
Information on the (running) courses within the SSAI Obstetric Anaesthesia Programme VI
- 1st Course: Flúðir, Iceland, September 2019
Course responsibility: Sigurbjörg Skarphéðinsdóttir: email@example.com, Iceland
- 2nd course London, England: 4-7 November 2019
The group will atttend the OAA “Three day course on Obstetric Anaesthesia and Analgesia.”
Course responsibility: Dr. Elin Bjørnestad: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd Course Copenhagen, Denmark 4-7 May 2020
Course responsibility: Dr. Kim Ekelund: email@example.com
- 4th Course Helsinki, Finland 2021 – January
Course responsibility: Sarvela@hus.fi
- SSAI Congress Oslo, Norway, 2021
Course responsibility: Dr. Elin Bjørnestad: firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Joanna Haynes: email@example.com, Norway
Aim: To present the research projects done in the Programme as poster abstracts