Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The 5thSSAI Advanced Educational Programme in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2022-2024
The Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI) co-ordinates an advanced Inter-Nordic education program in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine. The education programme aims at specialists in anaesthesiology with interest in cardiothoracic and vascular anaesthesia and intensive care medicine.
The programme lasts two years and consists of
- Clinical training, working in a department of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and Intensive Care in one of the Nordic or other relevant country*.
- Four-five SSAI courses in various Nordic countries and participation in the SSAI Congress 2024 (Oulu).
- A four week exchange programme (or 2 x 2 weeks) in a foreign country
- A research project
After fulfilling the Advanced Education Programme and passing the final exam, the candidate will be awarded a SSAI Certificate in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
The final planning of theoretical courses will be published before or at the first course to be held in September/October 2022.
Applications and contracts should be sent to
Dept. of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care
Aarhus University Hospital
8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
By (preferable) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the nation representatives/committee members.
Application deadline: January 15th, 2022
Applicants will be notified: March 15th 2022
Program start: June 1st 2022***
- Kari Hreinsson (programme director) (email@example.com)
- Carl-Johan Jakobsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seppo Hiippala (email@example.com)
- Hilde M Norum (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andreas Nygren (email@example.com)
- Lisbeth Bredahl Rosengaard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*) Depending on number of applications and overall availability, the programme will be open for specialists from other countries, if the involved institution/training plan can be approved by the committee. Please contact the committee for more information.
**) There will be changes in the steering committee for this course. Will be announced before course start.
***) Course plans and start of course will depend on the present Covid-19 situation.