Recruiting for CTVA 2022-24 has ended
Updated info about the next programme is expected autumn 2023
The 5thSSAI Advanced Educational Programme in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2022-2024
The Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI) co-ordinates an advanced Inter-Nordic education program in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine. The education programme aims at specialists in anaesthesiology with interest in cardiothoracic and vascular anaesthesia and intensive care medicine.
The programme lasts two years and consists of
- Clinical training, working in a department of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and Intensive Care in one of the Nordic or other relevant country*.
- Four-five SSAI courses in various Nordic countries and participation in the SSAI Congress 2024 (Oulu).
- A four week exchange programme (or 2 x 2 weeks) in a foreign country
- A research project
After fulfilling the Advanced Education Programme and passing the final exam, the candidate will be awarded a SSAI Certificate in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
The final planning of theoretical courses will be published before or at the first course to be held in September/October 2022.
For the 2022-24 programme, not the upcoming one.
Applications closed – contact to
Hilde M Norum
For further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the nation representatives/committee members.
Application deadline: closed
CTVA 6 programme presumed start: June 1st 2024. Info of programme and deadlines: Autumn 2023
- Hilde M Norum, Oslo (Course director) (email@example.com)
- Kari Hreinsson, Reykjavik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Liisa Petäjä, Helsinki (email@example.com)
- Andreas Nygren, Gothenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lisbeth Bredahl Rosengaard, Copenhagen (email@example.com)
- Martin Slettengren, Stockholm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*) Depending on number of applications and overall availability, the programme will be open for specialists from other countries, if the involved institution/training plan can be approved by the committee. Please contact the committee for more information.