Nordic Young Anaesthesiologists (NYA) and The Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI) are proud to announce the Nordic Exchange Program for Trainee Doctors in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2024.
The NYA Exchange Programme offers trainees a grant of 10.000DKK (approximately 1.344€) and the opportunity to visit a host department in one of the Nordic countries: Norway, Finland, Iceland, Denmark or Sweden during a stay of one-two weeks (5-10 working days). This exchange must be completed within one (1) year of receiving grant notification. Four grants will be handed out for 2024.
The NYA Exchange Programme offers maximum flexibility as trainees are able to set up their own exchange arrangement or use one of the departments that NYA already has an exchange agreement with.
The NYA Exchange Programme grant is set at 10.000 DKK (1.344 EURO) per exchange trainee to cover accomodation and travel costs.
- Applicant must
- Be a trainee in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine.
- Be a member of one of the Nordic national societies.
- Complete the exchange program before the end of their residency
- Be responsible for any and all arrangements, including travel and accommodation, relating to the exchange stay and the host department. Many host departments will be able to provide assistance with most of the arrangements.
- Abide by requirements set by their host department.
- Offer a written or recorded short reflection on their exchange experience to NYA to be published.
- Send a confirmation of your stay signed by the host department to NYA before the grant will be paid out.
- Finland: Helsinki University Hospital
- Norway: Rikshospitalet, Oslo
- Iceland: Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik
- Sweden: Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, or Akademiska University Hospital, Uppsala
- Denmark: Aarhus University Hospital
Application deadline December 17th 2023.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must contain:
- A cover letter with motivation for application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preferred exchange location in a prioritized order
Please include the following in your cover letter as it will give you an advantage in the process of selecting grant receivers if you:
- Follow NYA in social media (Facebook and/or Instagram)
- Previously have participated in organizing activities promoting and improving students/residents training.
All applicants can expect an answer to their application by the end of January 2024.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact NYA at email@example.com